Gävle Innovation Arena
Gävle Innovation Arena – Build the future. Today.
Gävle Innovation Arena is the natural result and continuation of great initiatives in Sweden and around the world. The Collabs contribute with different components in terms of: resources, perspectives and functionality. The Collabs create an inspiring, productive and collaborative environment to promote, create and produce research solutions and innovations. All for the benefit of the future smart, sustainable and viable city.
Some of the Collabs in Gävle Innovation Arena
“Digitization constantly creates new opportunities for citizens and society. But competition is tough and we need to be helped to create an attractive and successful region when it comes to innovation and entrepreneurship. Who knows? An idea or concept may lead to something big if it gets the chance to develop in the innovation arena.”
“We believe that GIS and geographic information is an important engine for data-driven innovation and community development. Therefore, it is exciting to be able to contribute to the technical platform for data management and development.” says Rikard Birgersson, Sales Manager at Esri Sweden.”
“Lantmäteriet sees great opportunities in Gävle Innovation Arena, trying to open geodata and people can use it for innovation that leads to improvements in society.” – Mats Snäll, Head of Digitalization Lantmäteriet ”
“For us, the Gävle Innovation Arena is a way to keep up with technology development. New technologies bring new challenges to communication and content. Being part of a context where the boundaries are explored and relocated is inspiring and instructive – Robert Åsberg, Twist and Shout”
“With GIA, brand new business opportunities are opened for 4Dialog where we can test new technology ideas around advanced visualization and make them efficiently evaluated before deciding on launch in the open market.”
Get the latest News from Gävle Innovation Arena
Blockchain - What is it and how do we apply this in GIA?
What can I do?
– Post a challenge and let the community come up with a solution
– Develop Processes and Products/Services that solves the posted challenges – in a team or on your own.
– Use data from the Data Lake in research and innovation projects.
– Develop new solutions by simulate and visualize scenarios in the 4D Model.
– Develop applications and products in the Innovation Platform.
– Drive studies/projects and test new products in the reality Test Bed.
Go to the Arena
What do I get?
– An innovative network with a complete new approach to innovation with the driving force to continuously develop and collaborate to build the smart, sustainable and viable city.
– A Reality Test Bed – an area of a 3 square kilometer with real conditions constitutes and real-time data over Gävle. You collect data through Crowdsourcing, Sensors, testing of products and services.
– A Geographical Data Zone – a Data Lake containing data from the reality Test Bed. The Data Lake will continuously expand over time.
– A Platform with Tools – for both professional developers and templates for beginners.
– An interactive, VR-enabled 4D Model mirroring the reality Test Bed.
– A Virtual Community – for sharing data, coding, apps, experiences, pick up challenges etc.
How do I join?
Become a Member by registering an account on the website. This will provide access to Tools, Data, Challenges and the Community. Private individuals go for free and can register an account on the website. This allows access to read all cases and access to Development Tools with Open Data.